Sunday, February 27

Angry Birds

I'm not sure what is so incredibly special about it, but it seems that Angry Birds has become sort of a phenomenon for smart phones and ipods. Over the last few months, I have had multiple people tell me how great this game is and how I should try it out. Apparently it is one of the most popular games available from iTunes. So basically the whole point of all the levels of the game is to use a slingshot to fling these angry birds at their nemeses, these weird pig-like things, and blow them up.



While I normally do not get into these sorts of game crazes (I refused to give in to the Farmville stuff on Facebook), for some reason I decided I was bored enough to download Angry Birds on my iPhone (the free version, mind you -- I never buy apps!). Because Michael and I normally laugh to ourselves as to why these sorts of things become so addictive to people, I think he really was shocked to see me playing Angry Birds. He thinks it will rot my brain or something. Well, thankfully, I did not become a zombie. I played the game whenever I was bored and had a few extra minutes, and now I've finished the game over the last few weeks. I will admit that my little social experiment did show me that Angry Birds is kind of a fun game to play, but I still don't have a desire to purchase the full version. I guess I was just kind of curious to find out what it was about this game that got everyone so hooked. Maybe it's the cute little bird and pig characters, but I really have no idea -- and maybe I'll never really understand what makes some people want to play this game in particular. But at least Michael can be happy reading this post and knowing that I am finally done with that game he hates so much!

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha this cracks me up. Why would Michael hate a game so much???

    PS, I like your tag cloud! It's fun to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! One of my upcoming blog posts is going to be about that actually :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad that Blogger has not caught on to the "Like" button concept and in turn developed a "Dis-Like" button as well.

    ReplyDelete