Friday, February 11

Aeri's Kitchen

I have been really impressed with some of the great blogs out there that are dedicated to a specific type of cooking. One of my favorite blogs is Aeri's Kitchen - Aeri does a great job of making Korean cooking accessible for people who have never tried preparing it before. I really like that there are often substitutes for ingredients - like honey instead of Asian pear juice - because otherwise many of the recipes would probably not be feasible for me.

One of my favorites is BiBimBap - a very traditional Korean dish with rice, meat, and vegetables (so it's healthy!). I usually substitute chicken instead of beef, and the marinade always turns out really well. I also just substitute whatever vegetables I happen to have in the fridge for the more exotic ones, and it's great!



My other favorite Korean dish (especially at restaurants) is bulgogi. I really think that the best cooking blogs are the ones that provide step-by-step instructions - and Aeri provides pictures with written instructions as well as video instructions. It doesn't get more comprehensive than that! I don't cook beef dishes too often, but bulgogi is one that I will make an exception for. It's pretty quick to prepare the marinating meat one night and have it ready to cook up quickly the next. Why pay for a cookbook when this is so much better?!

No comments:

Post a Comment