Thursday, February 10

New York Experiment

A week from tomorrow, I will be on my way to New York City with Michael. We haven't had a chance to get back there together since right after we started dating, so I am very excited about taking the next trip. It's definitely not cheap to stay in New York, so I really want to make our trip meaningful and get a lot out of it. In addition to the sightseeing, dining, and shopping, I really want to take advantage of some of the cheap opportunities that New York has for salons and spas. There are some things I have wanted to do for a long time, but financially they are just way out of reach usually. For instance, Japanese hair straightening is usually ~$600 in D.C. What a joke - I'd never pay that. Well, in New York, they will do it for less than $200 (including tip). I'm not so sure I can pass up the opportunity. I am very excited about doing the following things next weekend, and I will surely be posting again with how satisfied I was with the treatments:

-Japanese Hair Straightening: Let's see if it is the miracle I've heard it can be. For someone like me who has struggled with their hair for years and years, I'm willing to take the risk of some hair damage to be able to have my hair act normal without lots of time and effort. I recently had the Brazilian Keratin Treatment, but it's not permanent - and I would rather pay the same amount for permanent straightening than something that will only last a few months.

-Eyelash Perming: So it sounds kind of sketchy to put perming solution near your eyes, but hey, other people have done it and they can still see. I found a wonderful coupon for 1/2 off of eyelash perming at homerun.com, so I thought, what the heck? Of course my hair isn't straight like I want it to be, but my eyelashes sure are! I'm looking forward to seeing how much of a difference it will make.

-Eyelash and Eyebrow Tinting: I really don't like putting on makeup, and some days when I'm just going to work I just decide not to wear any at all. Hopefully this will help me continue to do the same thing and deceive everyone into thinking I may be wearing some. ;)

-Photo Rejuvenation: I've had this done once before on a discount- it is amazing at reducing freckles (or wrinkles for people who care about that)! I really dislike my freckles, so I'm hoping that having this done again will help even more. My review of the previous photofacial is on Yelp.com.

By scheduling my appointments on lifebooker.com, I've been able to get these treatments even cheaper. Hopefully they will all be a success - especially the hair straightening!

2 comments:

  1. Exciting! I like the idea of eyelash tinting, I would do that if the price was right.

    By the way, you inspired me to try waxing for the first time. But I decided to go the sugaring route. So I've been attacking my legs with sugar for the past three nights. I don't think I made the mixture right though so I'm going to try again next week. I've read so many things online of people who swear to it and that eventually your hair will just stop growing, so I'm trying really hard to make it work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really think it takes skill to do it... I bought an at home wax kit from amazon.com that you put in the microwave, and it's much easier to do the front of the legs than the back! Hopefully I'll get better at it over time too.

    ReplyDelete