Thursday, February 17

Fuelly

Fuelly.com is a website that I have been using habitually since September of last year to track my new car's fuel efficiency. It has a lot of great functionality that I would like to highlight, and hopefully that will encourage other people to take advantage of what it has to offer.
  • Compare your driving to how well your car should hypothetically be doing, as it already has EPA estimates ready for your vehicle
  • Monitor your mpg's over the life of your vehicle to see if you are getting more efficient at driving it
  • Add multiple cars to one account, so that you and your family members can compete on who gets the best gas milage - and also compare yours to other people with the same vehicle to see how well you are driving compared to the masses
  • Track how much money you are spending on gas and the price of gas over time 
  • Put a badge on your blog profile to show others how great you are doing!


You can view all of my car's information at my profile. It has made me realize that the estimate of mpg's that my car calculates is actually off by usually ~3 mpg. Although I have yet to take advantage of this feature, you can also input the data right away as you're filling up your car, either through the fuelly mobile website or sending the information through text message! Fuelly has really made me more scrupulous about my driving, as I'm always competing with myself now to try and increase my gas mileage. It is also very interesting to see how much my gas mileage changes depending on the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment