Wednesday, March 9

Keepin' It Legal

After starting this blog, I realized that the posts are much prettier and more interesting when they have associated images or photos. Although I'm sure everyone who reads this blog finds all of my thoughts incredibly interesting... something pretty to look at doesn't hurt, either. :)

Sooner or later, I started to realize that oopsies, I was just getting the images for my posts from searching Google images. Which could mean copyright infringement. After looking around the internet for a bit, I realized that finding free, legal images can actually be a really annoying task. Some websites advertise free use of their images, but only after you pay for a subscription to their site. Excuse me? That does not qualify as "free" to me. So here are three legitimate ones that I have found so far that I really like:

-Free Artistic Photos - the photos are searchable by different categories and are all free for non-commercial use.

-Every Stock Photo - once you find a photo you like, clicking on the "license" tab will give you information on how you can use it. Many of the photos do not even require you to attribute the work to the author.

-Wikimedia Commons - Access to multiple types of media files, with information on the licensing agreement associated with each photo.

1 comment:

  1. You're such a good girl. I'll just take my chances for now and then claim "educational fair use" since I'm clearly educating the world with my blog ;)

    ReplyDelete