Friday, June 3

Minty!

So I just got back into something I used to use which is very exciting.



If you have never tried Mint.com, you really must. It's an amazing way to organize your financial life, and it's free! Basically, you sign up and very easily and quickly add information so that Mint can aggregate all of your banking, investment, and loan information into one place. It's the best and most effective way I have found of making a budget and sticking to it.

Mint provides you with trend information based on your monthly spending, income, etc. There is also an associated [free] iPhone app, so you can check your budget and expenses on the go. I've also set it up to send me e-mails to remind me when I have a credit card payment due or if an account goes below a certain balance.

So I will say that it's not perfect. For a while, my primary bank [USAA] was not functioning properly on the Mint website, and therefore it became basically unusable to me. That's the main reason why I just got back to using it again. I randomly decided to check my luck, and it's been working! The thing that really made me realize how valuable Mint is for me is that my budget has definitely been off track ever since I stopped using it. I have been creating my own financial/budget list using a spreadsheet, but Mint is so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment